WHY USE BATTLESTAR?
- Same active as Stellar®
- Powerful control of cleavers, and hemp-nettle, lamb’s quarters, and wild buckwheat
- Controls or suppresses 24 broadleaf weeds
- Superior control of group 2 resistant cleavers
- Use in all soil zones
- 3 different actives with systemic mode of action
- Wide window of application
- Excellent crop safety
- Great tank mix with Himalaya™
- No re-cropping restrictions
- Superior broad-spectrum broadleaf weed control at the best price
- Burdock (1)
- Mustards (except dog and tansy)
- Prickly lettuce
- Wild radish
- Wild (annual) sunflower
- Russian pigweed
(1) Before the 4-leaf stage
- Group 2 & 4
- None required
- Florasulam 50 g/L soluble concentrate (SC)
- Fluroxypyr 180 g/L emulsifiable concentrate (EC)
- MCPA Ester 600 g/L emulsifiable concentrate (EC)
- Case: 40 acres
WHEN TO APPLY
- Crop stage: 3 leaf – just before flag leaf
- Weed stage: 1 – 4 leaf
- 10 US gallons/acre (40 L/acre)
- 2 hours
- Grow all major crops the year after application
SUPPORTED TANK MIXES*
- Himalaya, Axial®, Simplicity™
- Store in dry heated area; if product is frozen, bring to room temp and agitate before use.
GRAZING AND HARVEST
- Allow 7 days after application before cutting hay or harvesting forage.
- Mature crop may be harvested 60 days after application.
- Fill the spray tank 1/2 full of water, begin agitation, and continue throughout mixing and application process.
- Add required rate of any dry formulation herbicide (such as Himalaya or Simplicity) and dissolve.
- Add the required rate of Battlefront and dissolve.
- If required, add the correct of liquid grass weed control herbicide.
- Add the required rate of Foxxy™, followed by MCPA Ester.
- Add any required surfactant, complete filling tank and apply.
- If application is stopped prior to completion, re-suspend spray solution by full agitation prior to commencing spraying again.
- For optimal performance apply between 12° and 24° C in warm moist growing conditions.
- Typical symptoms (discolouration) of dying weeds may not be noticeable for 1 to 2 weeks after application, depending upon growing conditions and weed susceptibility. Control of weeds may take 3 to 4 weeks.
- Degree of control and duration of effect are dependent on weed sensitivity, weed size, crop competition, growing conditions at and following treatment, and spray coverage.
- Weeds hardened off by cold weather or drought stress may not be adequately controlled or suppressed and re-growth may occur.
- If weeds are stressed due to drought, flooding or prolonged hot or cool temperatures less than 8° C or great than 27° C, control can be reduced or delayed since weeds are not actively growing.
- Do not make applications to weeds stressed longer than 20 days due to lack of moisture as unsatisfactory control can result.