Boa IQ delivers proven control of volunteer canola, lamb’s-quarters, stinkweed, and wild oats. Also improves control of seedling foxtail barley, Japanese brome, and quack-grass.
Group 1, 6
Dry beans, field peas, fababeans, soybeans
WHEN TO APPLY
- Crop stage:
-Dry beans: after the first trifoliate
-Fababean: at least 10 cm tall or after 2-3 leaf stage
-Peas: 3 node to flowering
-Soybeans: all stages
- Weed stage: See “weeds controlled” list
SUPPORTED TANK MIXES
- Assassin® at 5 L per 1000 L water.
- Soybeans require UAN at 4 L/acre for improved control of velvetleaf and lamb’s-quarters
- Dry beans require AMS at 15 L per 1000 L water for more consistent control of broadleaf weeds
RATES AND PACKAGING
- Case: 20 acres
- Bulk: 120 acres
10-40 US gallons/acre (20-80 L/acre)
- Grow all major crops the year after application.
- Fill spray tank 1/2 full of water, start sprayer agitation and throughout mixing and application process.
- If required, add correct amount of nitrogen source. (soybeans and dry beans only).
- Add the required amount of Boa.
- Add the required amount of Quiz™.
- Add the required amount of surfactant.
- Add remainder of water and apply.
- Bird rape
- Canada thistle2
- Cleavers (1-3 whorl)
- Common chickweed
- Common groundsel³
- Common ragweed³
- Corn spurry
- Field bindweed2,4,5
- Giant ragweed
- Hairy galinsoga
- Hairy nightshade
- Low cudweed
- Redroot pigweed3,4
- Russian thistle⁴
- Shepherd’s purse
- Volunteer canola⁷
- Wild mustard
- Wild radish
- Barnyard grass
- Green foxtail
- Fall panicum
- Foxtail barley10 (3 – 4 leaf + 3 tillers)
- Japanese brome10(2-5 leaf stage)
- Old witchgrass
- Proso millet
- Quackgrass10 (2-6 leaf)
- Wild Oats (1-5 leaf, up to 2 tillers)
- Volunteer cereals
- Volunteer corn (2 – 6 leaf)
- Yellow foxtail
1Weeds must be small and actively growing to be controlled. See Boa label or provincial crop protection guides for weed specific application rates and timing.
2For improved control of perennial weeds, apply Boa alone 7 to 15 days after application of Boa IQ if needed.
3Includes triazine-resistant biotypes
5Treat before it is dark green and has begun to trail
6Will defoliate 4 leaf and larger but regrowth may occur
7Only provides control when weeds are < 8 leaf stage
8Apply when grass weeds are 2 leaf to early tillering unless otherwise indicated.
9Group 1 resistant biotypes will not be controlled.
10Spring seedlings only.