WHY USE BOA PRO?
- Same active as Viper®
- Proven control of volunteer canola, wild mustard and grass weeds in pulse crops
- Controls or suppresses 26 broadleaf and grass weeds
- Use in all soil zones
- Multiple modes of action for resistance management
- Early weed control timing for higher yields
- Fewer re-cropping restrictions than group 2 only herbicide products
- Tank mix options for improved grass control
- Trusted broad-spectrum control of grass and broadleaf weeds in pulse crops
1-4 main leaf stage:
- Barnyard grass
- Green foxtail
- Japanese brome
- Persian darnel
- Volunteer barley
- Volunteer wheat (3)
- Volunteer tame oats
- Wild oats
- Yellow Foxtail
Cotyledon – 4 leaf stage:
- Cow cockle
- Green smartweed
- Redroot pigweed
- Russian thistle
- Shepherd’s purse
- Volunteer canola (2)
- Volunteer lentils
- Wild mustard (2)
- Annual sow thistle
- Cleavers (1)
- Kochia (1)
- Round-leaved mallow
- Wild buckwheat
(1) Including group 2 resistant biotypes
(2) Including all HT varieties
(3) Not including Clearfield wheat
(4) Suppression is a visual reduction in plant stand or biomass only as compared to an untreated area and is dependent on crop competition and growing conditions
- Group 2,6
- 28% UAN at 0.81 L/ac
- Imazamox 70% water dispersible granule (WDG)
- Bentazon 480 g/L solution
- Case: 40 acres
- Bulk: 320 acres
WHEN TO APPLY
- Peas: 3-6 above ground nodes
- Minimum 10 US gallons/acre (40 L/acre)
- 6 hours
- 3 months after application: Winter wheat
- 1 year after application: barley, canary seed, canola, chickpeas, corn, durum wheat, peas, flex, lentils, soybeans, spring wheat, sunflowers, tame oats.
- 2 years after application: the above crops plus mustard (condiment type only)
- A field bioassay is recommended before growing crops other than those listed above.
SUPPORTED TANK MIXES*
- Independence®, Quiz®
- Do not freeze.
GRAZING AND HARVEST
- Do not graze treated pea fields or cut for feed within 20 days of application.
- Do not apply within 60 days of harvest.
- Fill spray tank 3/4 full of water, start sprayer agitation and continue throughout mixing and spraying process.
- Add the required of amount of Samurai® and agitate until dissolved.
- Add the required amount of Boa.
- Add required amount of 28% UAN.
- Add required amount of grass tank mix partner if desired.
- Add the required amount of UAN.
- Add surfactant if required.
- Add the remaining amount of water and apply.
- If application is interrupted prior to completing application, re-suspend spray solution by agitating prior to resuming application
- Check in-line and nozzle screens between loads and clean if necessary.
- Optimum control occurs when applied between 12°C and 24° C in warm moist growing conditions.
- Thorough coverage is critical – use a minimum water volume of 10 gallons/acre.
- Symptoms of control (discoloration at the growing point) will take between several hours and several days to be visible, depending on growing conditions. Control of weeds may take 3-4 weeks.
- Do not spray Boa Pro if temperatures of 5 C or less are forecast within 3 days of application.
- Drought, crop stress, and cold or hot temperatures will negatively affect performance as weeds are not actively growing.
- Do not apply Boa Pro to crops that have been subjected to stress from conditions such as hail damage, flooding, drought, hot, humid weather, widely fluctuating temperature conditions, prolonged cold conditions or injury from prior herbicide applications as poor results and/or crop damage may result.
- Occasionally transient crop yellowing may be observed after application, but this is temporary and will be outgrown and should not affect yield.