WHY USE BUCK D?
- Same active as Thumper®
- Trusted control of lamb’s quarters, redroot pigweed, russian thistle and wild buckwheat
- Control or suppression of 27 annual and perennial broadleaf weeds
- Use in brown and dark brown soil zones
- Use on Spring wheat, Winter wheat, and barley
- Multiple modes of action – contact and systemic
- Wide window of application
- Great tank mix partner with Aurora®, HellCat®, or Himalaya™
- No re-cropping restrictions
- Proven control of hard to kill broadleaf weeds for the best price
Seedling to 4-leaf stage
- American nightshade
- Ball mustard
- Common ragweed
- Cow cockle (1)
- Flixweed (1)
- Green smartweed
- Pale smartweed
- Pigweed (1)
- Night-flowering catchfly
- Redroot pigweed
- Russian thistle (2)
- Shepherd’s purse
- Stinkweed (1)
- Velvetleaf (3)
- Volunteer sunflower
- Volunteer canola (4)
- Wild mustard (1)
Seedling to 8-leaf stage
- Common buckwheat
- Common groundsel
- Stinkweed (1)
- Tartary buckwheat
- Wild buckwheat
- Wild mustard
(1) In normal conditions will be controlled up to the 4-leaf stage. Plants beyond this stage are unlikely to be controlled. The higher rate generally gives better results.
(2) Spray before plants are 5 cm high.
(3) Spray before plants are 8 cm high.
(4) Including all HT varieties.
- Group 4 and 6
- None required
- Bromoxynil 280 g/L emulsifiable concentrate (EC)
- 2,4-D Ester 660 g/L emulsifiable concentrate (EC)
- Case: 40 acres
WHEN TO APPLY
- Crop stage: 4 leaf to early flag leaf
- Weed stage: See weeds controlled section
- 5 – 10 US gallons/acre (20 -40 L/acre)
- 2 hour
- Grow all major crops the year after application
SUPPORTED TANK MIXES*
- Aurora, HellCat, Himalaya
- Product may be frozen; if product becomes frozen, gently warm contents and agitate container before use
GRAZING AND HARVEST
- Do not graze or cut for forage hay until 30 days after application
- Withdraw meat animals 3 days before slaughter
- Mature crop may be harvested 30 days after application
- Fill the spray tank 1/2 full of water, start agitation and continue throughout mixing and application process.
- If required add the correct amount of dry formulation products.
- Add the required amount of MPower® 2,4-D Ester.
- Add the required amount of Buck.
- If desired add the correct amount of liquid grass weed tank mix partner (Aurora, HellCat, Himalaya)
- Add any required surfactant.
- Complete filling of sprayer and apply.
- If application is stopped prior to completion, re-suspend spray solution by full agitation prior to commencing spraying again.
- Good coverage is essential. Use higher water volumes in heavy crop canopy or weed pressure.
- Optimum control occurs when applied between 12° and 24° C in warm moist growing conditions when weeds are in the seedling stage.
- Typical symptoms of dying weeds will be visible from several hours to several days after application depending on growing conditions.
- Control of weeds may take up to 3-4 weeks.
- Avoid spraying in severe drought.
- Weed control may be reduced during stress conditions, e.g. drought, heat or cold stress, if weeds have initiated flowering, or if heavy infestations exist.