WHY USE CLOBBER?
- Same active as Lontrel®
- Superior in-crop Canada thistle control
- Use in all soil zones
- Use in many different crops
- Systemic mode of action for dependable control
- Flexible rates for different levels of control
- Wide window of application
- Excellent crop safety when used alone
- Extended control of Canada thistle (high rate only)
- Numerous tank mix options
- Best in-crop thistle control at the best price
- Canada thistle (top growth)
- Alsike clover
- Canada thistle
- Scentless chamomile
- Wild buckwheat
- Perennial sow thistle
- Common groundsel
- Common ragweed
- Sheep sorrel (1)
- Ox-eye daisy (1)
- Weeds listed above + Canada thistle (season long control of top growth with a reduction in population the following year)
Refer to label or provincial crop protection guides for additional crop and tank mix specific use rates.
- Group 4
- None required
- Clopyralid 360 g/L emulsifiable concentrate (EC)
- Cereals or flax: 160 acres/case when mixed with MCPA or 2,4-D
- Canola: 52 – 105 acres/case
- see label or provincial crop protection guides for rates by crop, weed, and tank mix partner
WHEN TO APPLY
- CROP STAGE
- Canola: 2 to 6 leaf
- Spring wheat, barley, oats: 3 leaf to early flag
- Flax: 2 to 6 inches tall
- Other crops: See label or provincial crop guide
- WEED STAGE: rosette – pre-bud
- 10 US gallons/acre (40 L/acre)
- 4 hours
- 1 year after application: wheat, barley, canola, rye, sugar beets, flax, mustard, oats, or summerfallow.
- Do not grow crops other than those listed above for at least 2 years.
- See label for additional re-cropping information
SUPPORTED TANK MIXES*
- Cereals: 2,4-D, MCPA Amine or Ester, Battlefront®, grass control products.
- Roundup Ready® canola: Disruptor® 360, 540
- Clearfield® canola: Ares®
- Flax only: MPower® MCPA Ester, Independence®
- See label or provincial crop protection guides for complete list of tank mix options and rates
- Store away from food, feedstuff, fertilizer, seeds, insecticides, fungicides or other pesticides or herbicides intended to be used on crops sensitive to Clobber. Store in heated storage; if product is frozen, bring to room temperature and agitate before use
GRAZING AND HARVEST
- Treated areas may be grazed immediately after application
- Fill the spray tank 1/2 full of water, begin agitation and continue throughout mixing and application process.
- Add the required amount of any dry formulation products.
- Add the required amount of grass or broadleaf weed control products.
- Add the required amount of Clobber.
- Add any required surfactants, complete filling of sprayer and apply.
- If application is stopped prior to completion, re-suspend spray solution by full agitation prior to commencing spraying again.
- Best control will be when temperatures are 12°C – 24°C during warm moist growing conditions.
- Thistle control is rate dependent. Higher rates will improve control and the highest rate will extend control into the following year.
- Applications should be made when Canada thistle, perennial sow-thistle and scentless chamomile are in the rosette to pre-bud stage of growth. Best results are obtained when Canada thistle is actively growing, and soil moisture is adequate for rapid growth.
- Maintain high water volumes for control of wild buckwheat, especially if it is larger stage.
- Under dry soil conditions and poor growing conditions, control of Canada thistle and other weeds may be severely reduced.
- Do not make applications to weeds stressed longer than 20 days due to lack of moisture as unsatisfactory control can result.