WHY USE CLOBBER M?
- Same active as Curtail M®
- Outstanding control of Canada thistle and wild buckwheat
- Controls or suppresses 27 annual and perennial broadleaf weeds (high rate only)
- Use in all soil zones
- Systemic mode of action
- Wide window of application
- Excellent crop safety
- Great tank mix with Aurora®, HellCat® or Himalaya™ in cereals, or Independence® in flax.
- Numerous other tank mix options
- Best value for thistle and annual broadleaf control for the best price
Spring wheat, durum wheat, barley, oats, flax, established timothy, canary seed
Do not use on timothy destined for export.
Low Rate (600 mL/acre)
- Canada thistle – low infestations (1)
- Field horsetail (2)
- Flixweed (3)
- Plantain (2)
- Prickly lettuce
- Stinkweed (3)
- Sunflower (annual)
- Volunteer sunflower
- Wild mustard
- Wild radish
High Rate (800 mL/acre) Includes weeds controlled at this low rate
- Canada thistle (1) (Medium to high infestations)
- Common groundsel
- Dandelion (2)
- Redroot pigweed
- Russian pigweed
- Scentless chamomile (2-4 leaf)
- Sow-thistle (annual)
- Sow-thistle – perennial) (4)
- Tartary buckwheat
- Volunteer canola (5)
- Wild buckwheat
- Kochia – 2 to 4 leaf (6)
(1) Season long control with some regrowth in the fall (top growth control)
(2) Top growth control only
(3) Spring rosettes only
(4) Top growth only
(5) Including all HT varieties
(6) Including group 2 resistant biotypes
- Group 4
- None required
- Clopyralid 360 g/L emulsifiable concentrate (EC)
- MCPA Ester 600 g/L emulsifiable concentrate (EC)
- Case: 20 – 26 acres
- Bulk: 120 – 160 acres
WHEN TO APPLY
- Cereals: 3 leaf to flag leaf
- Flax: 2 to 6 inches tall
- Timothy, Canary seed: 3 leaf to just before flag leaf emergence
- 1 – 4 leaf stage, and when Canada thistle is between 10 cm and early bud stage
- 10 US gallons/acre (40 L/acre)
- 4 hours
- 1 year after application: wheat barley, canola, rye, sugar beets, flax, mustard, oats, peas† or summerfallow.
- Do not grow crops other than those listed above for at least 2 years.
SUPPORTED TANK MIXES*
- Aurora, Hellcat, Himalaya, Battlefront®, Foxxy™, Independence, MPower® RX, Axial®, Simplicity™.
- See label or provincial crop protection guides for crop specific tank mix information.
- Store away from food, feedstuff, fertilizer, seeds, insecticides, fungicides or other pesticides or herbicides intended to be used on crops sensitive to Clobber. Store in heated storage; if product is frozen, bring to room temperature and agitate before use
GRAZING AND HARVEST
- Allow 7 days after application before cutting hay or harvesting forage.
- Withdraw meat animals from treated fields at least 3 days before slaughter.
- Harvest mature crops 60 days after application.
†For pea rotation, rainfall from June 1 to August 31 in the year of application must be greater than 140 mm (5.5. inches) and annual rainfall must be greater than 175 mm (6.9 inches).
- Fill the spray tank 1/2 full of water, begin agitation and continue through mixing and application process.
- If required add the correct amount of any dry formulation product.
- If required add the correct amount of grass control product.
- Add the required amount of Clobber.
- Add required amount of MPower® MPCA Ester.
- Add any required surfactants, complete filling of sprayer and apply.
- If application is stopped prior to completion, re-suspend spray solution by full agitation prior to commencing spraying again.
- Optimum results will be achieved between 15° C and 27° C in warm moist growing conditions when weeds are actively growing.
- Canada thistle control will be reduced if weeds are larger than 10 cm and have already budded.
- When weeds are stressed due to drought, flooding or prolonged hot or cool temperatures (less than 8° C or more than 24° C), control can be reduced or delayed since weeds are not actively growing. Weed escapes may occur under prolonged stress conditions or low fertility.
- Do not make applications to weeds stressed longer than 20 days due to lack of moisture as unsatisfactory control can result.
- Very dry soil conditions following application can result in a risk of injury to field peas, beans, clover, alfalfa or other legumes grown in rotation. Do not seed lentils on treated fields for at least 2 year