WHY USE QUIZ?
- Same Active As Assure™ II
- Outstanding wild oat and grass weed control
- Controls or suppresses 11 grass weeds
- Improved control of foxtail barley, Japanese brome, and quackgrass (spring seedlings)
- Use in all soil zones
- Use on canola, pulse crops, flax and numerous other crops
- Systematic mode of action for dependable control
- Wide window of application
- Excellent crop safety
- Numerous tank mix options
- No re-cropping restrictions
- Excellent wild oat and grass weed control for the best price.
200 mL/acre rate
- Barnyard grass (2 leaf to early tillering)
- Green foxtail (2 leaf to early tillering)
- Fall panicum (2 leaf to early tillering)
- Foxtail barley (1) (3 – 4 leaf + 3 tillers)
- Japanese brome (1) (2-5 leaf stage)
- Old witchgrass (2 leaf to early tillering)
- Proso millet (2 leaf to early tillering)
- Quackgrass (1) (suppression) (2-6 leaf)
- Wild Oats (1-5 leaf, up to 2 tillers)
- Volunteer cereals (2 leaf to early tillering)
- Volunteer corn (2 – 6 leaf)
- Yellow foxtail (2 leaf to early tillering)
300 mL/acre rate (including weeds controlled at 200 mL/acre rate)
- Quackgrass (1) – 2 to 6 leaf
(1) Spring seedlings only. Quiz will not control established plants or plants beyond the 6-leaf stage.
- Group 1
- Assassin® or Merge® at 5 – 10 L per 1000 L spray solution or Sure-Mix™ at 5 L per 1000 L spray solution
- Quizalofop 96 g/L, emulsifiable concentrate
RATES AND PACKAGING
(at 200 mL/acre rate)
- Case: 2 x 8 L jug treats 80 acres
- Bulk: 96 L drum treats 480 acres
- Bulk: 500 L tote treats 2500 acres
WHEN TO APPLY
- Crop stage: No crop staging restrictions
Weed stage: 2 leaf to early tiller unless otherwise indicated
- 10 US gallons/acre (40 L/acre)
- 1 hour
- Seed to all major crops the year after application
SUPPORTED TANK MIXES*
- Boa®, Boa Pro, Kamikaze®, Ninja®, Samurai®, Vigor™ (LL canola), Disruptor® 360 or 540 (RR canola & RR soybeans), Ally® (fescue only), Ares® (Clearfield canola), Pinnacle®, Reliance™ STS™
- Consult the product label or crop protection guides for a complete list of crop specific tank mixes, application rates, and use guidelines
- Do not freeze. If product is frozen, gently warm to room temperature and shake well before using
GRAZING AND HARVEST
- Do not graze treated fields or harvest for forage or hay.
- See table below for pre-harvest intervals by crop
- Fill the spray tank 1/2 full of water, start agitation and continue agitation throughout mixing and application.
- If required, add dry formulation tank mix partners first,
- If required, add liquid formulation tank mix partners.
- Add correct amount of Quiz, followed by correct amount of surfactant.
- Complete filling of spray tank, apply product, and continue application until the tank is empty.
- If application is stopped prior to completion, re-suspend spray solution by full agitation prior to commencing spraying again.
TANK MIX WITH VIGOR ONLY INSTRUCTIONS: Add surfactant first, then Vigor, then Quiz.
- Optimal control occurs when applied between 12°C and 24°C in warm moist growing conditions when weeds are small and actively growing.
- Use the higher rate of surfactant when wild oats or quackgrass are the main target weeds, or under conditions not conducive to good growth.
- Typical symptoms (discoloration) of dying weeds may not be visible for several days to 1-2 weeks after application, depending on the grass species and growing conditions.
- Control of weeds may take 3-4 weeks.
- Control will be reduced if weeds are stressed due to drought, extreme cold or hot temperatures, or if there is improper mixing, application timing, or poor coverage.
- Quiz should not be mixed with MCPA, Clobber M, Curtail M or Buctril M in flax due to antagonism with products that contain MPCA.