WHY USE TAIPAN?
- Same Actives As Odyssey® + Assure™ II + Basagran®
- Dependable control of stinkweed, volunteer canola, wild mustard, wild oats, and volunteer cereals
- Controls or suppresses a total of 23 grass and broadleaf weeds
- Flushing weed control for volunteer canola and other broadleaf weeds
- Use in all soil zones
- Systemic + contact modes of action for dependable control
- Three modes of action for resistance management
- Early application timing for optimum yield potential
- High performance one-pass weed control at the best price
- Chickweed (1)
- Cleavers (1)
- Barnyard grass
- Green foxtail
- Persian darnel
- Green smartweed
- Redroot Pigweed
- Shepherd’s purse (1)
- Stork’s bill
- Volunteer barley
- Volunteer canola (1)
- Volunteer corn
- Volunteer tame mustard
- Volunteer wheat
- Volunteer tame oats
- Wild oats
- Wild mustard
- Kochia (1)
- Hemp-nettle (1)
- Wild buckwheat
(1) Excluding group 2 resistant biotypes
- Group 1, 2 and 6
- 28% UAN at 0.81 L/ac AND Assassin® or Merge® at 2.5L per 1000L water
- Imazamox 35% + Imazethapyr 35% water dispersible granules (WDG)
- Bentazon 480 g/L concentrate
- Quizalofop 96 g/L emulsifiable concentrate (EC)
- Case: 40 acres
- Bulk: 320 acres
WHEN TO APPLY
Crop stage: 1 to 6 true leaf stage
- Broadleaf weeds: up to the 4 leaf stage
- Grass weeds: 2 – 6 leaf stage
- Minimum 10 US gallons/acre (40 L/acre)
- 6 hours
- 1 year after application: barley, canary seed, chickpeas, Clearfield® canola, Clearfield lentils, durum wheat, field peas, spring wheat, tame oats.
- Conduct a field bioassay the year before growing any crop other than those listed above.
- Refer to label for area specific re-cropping restrictions.
SUPPORTED TANK MIXES*
- Keep from freezing. Store above 5°C
GRAZING AND HAREST
- Treated fields may be fed to livestock 30 days after application
- Do not harvest forage or cut hay for forage
- Harvest treated crops 60 days of application
- Fill the spray tank 1/2 full of water, start sprayer agitation and continue throughout mixing and application process.
- Add the required amount of Ninja® and agitate until dissolved.
- Add the required amount of Boa®.
- Add the required amount of Quiz®.
- Add the required amount of UAN, then Assassin.
- Fill the remainder of the tank with water and apply.
- If application is stopped prior to completion, re-suspend spray solution by full agitation prior to commencing spraying again.
- Optimal control occurs when applied between 12°C and 24°C during warm moist growing conditions when weeds are small and actively growing.
- Typical symptoms (discoloration at the growing point) may not be noticeable for several days – 2 weeks depending on growing conditions. Control of weeds may take 3-4 weeks.
- Early application is critical; weeds must be emerged but less than 4 leaf stage for optimum control.
- Use higher water volumes for dense weed populations and thick crop canopies.
- Do not apply if temperatures of +5 or lower are forecast within 3 days of application. Application just before or after cold temperatures can result in crop injury or yellowing.
- Control will be reduced, or crop injury may occur if plants are stressed by lack of moisture, excessive moisture, poor fertility, cold temperatures or other crop stress factors.
- Taipan can be persistent in soil. Drought, extremes in soil pH and excessive cold may result in an increased potential for injury to succeeding crops. Do not grow Liberty Link® or Roundup Ready® canola the year after application of Taipan.